In 2017 and 2018, I launched a successful podcast on entrepreneurship, startups and ‘passive income’. My goal with the StartupGeist Podcast was to get to know the personality, the entrepreneur behind the idea. Because businesses only become successful through effective leaders.
Here are the two favorite episodes (based on #listens):
- Thomas Arend is a German serial entrepreneur from Silicon Valley who previously worked successfully as a senior product manager for Google, Twitter, and Mozilla. Thomas was one of our mentors in my first startup.
- Holger Seim is the CEO of Blinkest. Next to Wunderlist and Soundcloud, Blinkest is one of the most successful startups in Berlin. I’ve known Holger since 2012 when we started our startups in parallel with our co-founders. We meet regularly for lunch and I recorded one of these meetings.
The StartupGeist Journey
As an experiment, I started a series of coaching interviews with entrepreneur friends to document their journey, which often feels like an emotional rollercoaster. The interviews are in English and usually last 50 minutes.
This podcast is not your traditional show on Entrepreneurship with witty quotes about “failing fast and often,” but an honest look at the good, bad, and ugly. It is an experiment documenting the journeys of 6 entrepreneurs over time. Every week, one of them shares an update on how they plan to achieve their next goal or deal with overwhelm and self-doubt. Be part of a 1-1 coaching, so you learn from their challenges, mistakes, and success on building a business. Let’s embrace the never-ending journey that is overwhelming and exciting at the same time. You are not alone in this.
- John Wilkinson, UK, digital nomad, design freelancer
- Hugh Robinson, UK, digital nomad, coach
- Mari Pimenta, Brazil, digital nomad, online coaching business
- Callum McVickers, UK, digital nomad, e-commerce business
- Adrian Ingram, Australia, digital nomad, publishing business, and online courses
- Felipe Caceres, Canada, digital nomad, drop-shipping business